Friday, May 21, 2010

Vegetarian Bodybuilding

I have completed my first week as a Vegetarian bodybuilder! It has been pretty hard but I am starting to figure it out now. Most of the veggie meat was really upsetting my stomach. I felt very bloated and full all of the time. My digestive system wasnt having fun and I was holding so much water due to the sodium content. After trial and error, I have noticed by limiting these veggie deli meal, tofurkey and veggie sauces, I am feeling much better. I have also placed more pineapple in my diet in the morning to assist with digestion so now I am feeling a little better with more energy.

I will see how I go next week but I hope my energy continues to improve because I am still feeling much lower than what i am used to.

2 comments:

  1. hi, kris , myself piyush from india,new delhi,i bought your book new edition,today online from inibeam.i read your book
    but you hve mention all animals protein. which is immposible to eat for me as an Indian culture plz suggests me some vegeterian protein sources....you said fat-free cottage cheese which is not available in my city.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kris.
    I m going to follow the 12 week fitness routine from today.I don't want to take the supplements suggested by the book.I want to replace them with whole foods.For instance, the BCAAs suggested by the book,I do'nt want to consume them as tablets or powder.I want a natural alternative.

    Currently my waist is 36 inches and I want a total transformation of my body.
    Also I m a vegetarian.Your diet plans mostly include non-veg items.What can I do regarding that.
    Please help me out.

    ReplyDelete