Monday, May 17, 2010

Fat Loss Training

So often I look at people walking, biking and stepping their buns off upstairs in the cardio area. I shake my head and only wish they new that they could burn off so much more in the weight room providing the weight training program was designed in such a way.

Muscle maintenance = more calories burned. 5lbs of muscle can burn an extra 250-300 calories per day - thats a whole meal for some people!

By weight training you are burning fat 24/7 but by performing cardio hours on end, you are just burning fat for those hours and those hours only.

Women, dont be scared about building big muscles to burn extra calories. I am talking muscle density here, it doesnt have to be muscle size.

The training system I love to use to burn fat while I am building muscle are one of the DTP's (Dramatic Training Principle). Here is one example that will help you lose fat in the weights area.

Choose one exercise for back and one for chest (lets say bent over dumbbell rows and dumbell bench press) Perform 50 reps on bent-over rows and immediatly following, 50 reps on dumbbell bench press. Rest for a minute and increase the weight so you fail at 40 reps. Continue this for 30 reps, 20, and 10. Now its time to go back down in weight the same way we increased - 10 reps, 20, 30, 40 and finishing with 50. Its only one exercise so you should be finished in 40 mins but the workout is unreal. It will keep your heart pounding and will build the muscle to keep fat burning peaked long after you have left the gym

3 comments:

  1. i am totally impressed by the way of your teaching and results after seing hritik and farhan akhtars body.i just want a workout plan to reduced my fats n stretched marks.plz try to help me out with this problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit.
    Truvisioncare.com

    ReplyDelete