Friday, June 11, 2010

I completed a month as a Vegetarian Bodybuilder

That was a hard month! I have so much repect for Vegearians after completing a month of eating nothing that had a face or parents.

I admit that eating the food available 6-7 times per day was quite easy, but what I found hard was dealing with the decrease in energy (all of the time) and strenght while training. Not everyone is going to get effected the same as me, just like some people cant eat peanuts or drink milk, but I am obviously meant to eat meat. Within 20 minutes of eating a meat filled breakfast, I honestly felt like I had woke from a haze - it worked on me that fast!

I am so glad I accomplished it, but it definitely isnt for me.

6 comments:

  1. Wow I can't imagine trying to do bodybuilding on a vegetarian diet, a big lack of high-quality animal protein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't a vegetarian do a workout without having non veg food??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris-
    I'm about to start your 12 week training program and am a vegetarian. Do you have recommendations for substitutes for all the meat in the diet? I was thinking of using tofu, beans and veggie burgers. Thoughts? I'm not looking to lose weight as I'm already a thin person, just looking to build the strength and mass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kris

    I'm in the same situation as the previous user. Im looking for a vegetarian meal plan that excludes eggs. My goal is to complete the 12 week program. Any assistance would be appreciated

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI KRIS , PLease TELL SOME VEGETERIAN PROTEIN SOURCES and what abt skim milk? shall will add inti our diet or nt
    THANX


    PIYUSH
    india

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out Tha Vegan Dread. All natural, vegan bodybuilder: https://www.facebook.com/ThaVeganDread

    ReplyDelete